Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Real Talk


I haven't blogged in awhile, and I have really been meaning to but life got hectic. 

The idea behind this post stems from one over at Mornings at Pannikin

Plans. What would life be without plans? Actually I'd probably be working at my childhood vacation spot in the US Virgin Islands called Maho Bay. That's probably what my life would be without plans. That doesn't look too bad either. 

As I have mentioned, I am in law school. With law school comes a certain level of anxiety that I have never had in my life. I am not an anxious or paranoid person typically, but law school has made me one.

Now comes Real Talk, I have no idea what I want to do after I graduate from law school. I think I know the area of law I want to go into, but not entirely sure. And I have not actually admitted this out loud to anyone (so why not say it to the global internet world), but at this point I am not even sure I want to be a lawyer. YIKES. 

I have no definitive plan. I want to graduate, complete my PLTs, move out of this weirdo place I live to an actual city with my wonderful boyfriend, get a job, and someday get married and have kiddos. I guess that's a plan, albeit a very vague and generic one. Truth be told, sometimes I have freak outs that I have no plan and feel like everyone else around me has it all figured out. But ya know what I have learned, things look shinier when you only see tidbits on a Facebook profile or blog.

I have also noticed, when I listen very closely to my friends both at home and here in law school, I hear them quietly freaking out  as well. 

So this is what I have learned: No one has it all figured out.

And why should we? We're only in our 20s for the love of Moses. So I am going to keep trudging along, trying to figure out what the big PLAN is. That's what the 20s are all about right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment