Friday, October 14, 2011

Melbourne Cup Carnival

OK so I have an Aussie bucket list which I have mentioned before. One of my friends asked me if that means I am going to die in Australia so I want to get things done before that. Errrr…hopefully not. By Australia bucket list, I just mean that there’s a list of things I want to do in Australia before I move back to the US of A. So the “kicking of the bucket” is the move. The list grows nearly everyday but I’ll only really talk about the major ones. 

Melbourne Cup is a major one.

765743-melbourne-cup
Amercain (heck yea) won in 2010

It happens every November and, don’t hate me, but in my opinion it’s bigger than the Kentucky Derby. The celebrations go for a few days and the whole country literally stops for the race day. I know it’s a public holiday in the state of Victoria (where Melbourne is) and I think everyone else just kind of hopes they can get off work for it. Nevertheless, there’s parties the ENTIRE week of it so you can always catch at least one. Then, to make it even better, the fashion for it is phenomenal. Needless to say, I am dying to attend it one day. 

Pyrmont-Melbourne-Cup-Event1
Please, I wanna wear one too.

Melbourne-Cup-Myer-Fashion-in-the-Field...-Hopeful-e-6332827

What’s an event you are dying to go to?

No comments:

Post a Comment