Thursday, September 29, 2011

Going Bananas

About 8 months ago there was this cyclone named Yasi that slammed against the state of Queensland in Australia. Cyclones happen, the damage wasn’t horrendous like many other natural disasters of this year, but it did wipe out the bananas. So, prices SKY ROCKETED. This was bad news bears for the farmers and the consumers like me who LOVE bananas.
So I am going to give you some of the things I love to do with bananas:

1. Just eat them as they are.

2. Banana bread. Love this recipe from Smitten Kitchen
                    298979134_ffbfec6313
3. Banana and peanut butter sandwiches.

4. Banoffee Pie. Actually, I just realized where the name comes from because it’s BANanas and toFFEE. Ooooohhh. Anyways, I want to learn how to make it, they are AMAZING. Never even heard of it until I came to Aus, so I found an Australian recipe here
           6371
This might seem odd to have a post on something like bananas, but try going MONTHS without eating something you love and normally eat on a regular basis. It get’s to ya!
Is there anything special you make with bananas? I am always looking for new food ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment