Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Discovering things

Monday was a public holiday here, so no work and EVERYTHING was closed. Apparently it was the Queen's "birthday". I say "birthday" because it wasn't her real birthday, she has a different birthday for each state in Australia. How weird is that?

But anyways, it was nice to have the day off. Like I said in the post before, my friend and I went out the beach.

I then had off Tuesday because my boss was out a town. My friends had work and classes so it gave me a chance to explore some more on my own. I really wanted to get some exercise in and I had heard there was a river right by where I live. Well I went exploring and found it, and it was so nice! It was this park with walkways all around it. There were lots of people there and it was just a pleasant place to get outside, so I'm happy it's so close to my apartment!!

I have definitely gotten into the swing of living here but am really excited to go see other places. I signed up to do some things that that place I live has organized. One is to Barosa Valley which is the big wine country here. That should be really interesting.

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment